Sunday, July 15, 2007

Heavy legs

I’ve just returned from a 10 kilometre jog that didn’t go as well as yesterday because I had to slow down to walking on the last 300 metres. Very disappointing to have such heavy legs, but I guess I should be content that I have had two long distance days. I was so thirsty that I seriously contemplated stopping at one of the small pools to drink, but in the end I didn’t.
The jog was another route than yesterday: From home to the gravel pit and back home again. I made a stop at the dogs to feed and water them on my way back, so I don’t know my time. I ran through town on the main road and lots of people and cars and bicycles were out as the supermarket was open. I like it better when there are no people. Strangely, the dogs didn’t react when I ran past them on my way to the gravel pit. It seems that they didn’t recognize me, maybe because I was wearing other clothes than when I normally feed them and maybe also because I was running and not walking. Tomorrow will be a day of restitution.

No comments: