Sunday, July 15, 2007

A personal best

Yesterday I ran from home to the airport and back home again. I’m not sure about the length of the run but a fair guess is 12 Kilometres. I ran at a low pace and only the 3-4 hills made my breathing a bit out of control. All the time there was a light drizzle and almost no wind. The scenery was pretty with grass and the green leaves of bushes made heavy with the rain. The road to the airport was empty aside from a few cars, and only on the road by the harbour and through town did I see other people. I name this post a personal best because it’s the first time I run more than 10 kilometres. I really would like to run the long distances, and my immediate goal is a half marathon.
This morning I feel fine after the jog, only have I got a few blisters on my feet. Definitely, my feet are my soft spot but I suppose that’s a lot better than having week ankles or bad knees like many runners do.

No comments: