Sunday, August 19, 2007

I Did It!

Yes, Saturday I ran the half marathon on 21 kilometres. It was a well-organized race arranged by the cross country club with volunteers at drinking posts - how I loved them – and a clearly marked route that went to the airport and back and then around all of Sisimiut town with lots of onlookers and people to cheer. Many children participated on a 2 kilometres distance and the adults had a choice between 10.5 and 21 kilometres. I think most of the runners went for the shorter distance, but I’ll be curious to see if they publish the results in our weekly local paper.
My time was 2 hours 24 minutes, and I’m so pleased with myself that I came under two and a half hours. From time to time Jesper drove past in the car and gave my updates on my time which helped me keep up the spirits. I definitely would like to run a half marathon aging and at some point I hope I’ll be able to run the marathon. So I’ll keep practising :-)

No comments: