Thursday, July 26, 2007

What a comeback!


Did anybody think that I wouldn’t run again after the last post? (Did I think that I wouldn’t?) Well, all hardship is forgotten after tonight’s jog through town and across road work and up-hill and down-hill and jumping over puddles of water and trying to stay clear of slush and mud and running all the way to the water reservoir lake - and back! So, here I am 67 minutes later feeling fit and larger than life. Hope that aches and damages won’t show tomorrow and prove me wrong. Sure they won’t...

6 comments:

Rainey said...

I hadn't the slightest doubt! :-) Dont' ya just love that feeling you get after a good, long run?

Christine Stampe Frøsig said...

I do! But don't tell me that you get off the 50 miles bike and take long runs too?

Rainey said...

I ran for years, but eventually, the impact of running started taking toll on my bones and joints, so I had to give it up. I switched over to cycling which gives me the same great cardiovascular workout as jogging, but without all the impact on the body.

Christine Stampe Frøsig said...

That's really too bad. I hope you enjoy the biking just as much so that you don't feel a loss and that you haven’t got any permanent injuries troubling you from your running days. Cycling is not for me, but swimming I enjoy a lot. Only, swimming cannot really be practiced in Sisimiut as the water temperature never gets above 4 degrees and we don’t have a swimming pool. So I’ll save my swim practice for the Azores. Apparently Columbus made a stop on one of the islands on his way to your neck of the woods.

Rainey said...

After a bit of acclimation, I actually think that I enjoy cycling more than I ever enjoyed running.

I still haven't had a chance to read about the Azores. I guess I'll brew some tea and google it up now.

Christine Stampe Frøsig said...

Sounds like a proper thing to do on a Saturday evening. Tell me what you find.